- Anyone looking for housing
- Young people looking to buy their first house
- Older residents wanting to downsize or live in a community
- Families looking for reasonably priced family homes
- People in need of a specific type of housing to meet their needs
- People on local authority housing waiting lists
- People who want to buy but cannot afford to buy a home on the open market
Community-led housing offers homes that benefit the local community.
The homes are designed around the needs of local people and built with the community, not profit, in mind. Because of this, community-led housing projects tend to be innovative both in how they are managed and funded, and the specification of the design and the build.
Community-led housing is often built to high environmentally sustainable standards, some have accessibility at the heart of their design, and others make use of existing buildings or tricky plots within existing communities, which are not attractive to commercial developers.
Because the community is at the heart of the development, it helps to create sustainable communities where people feel connected…. and because the prices of the homes are protected in perpetuity, future generations benefit too!