We have a duty under data protection laws to tell you about how we use the personal data we collect about you and the rights you have under those laws. This could involve providing you with a huge amount of information which you may not wish to be given all at once.
Who are we?
The Greater Manchester Community-led Homes Hub is hosted by Irwell Valley Housing Association Ltd which is a charitable ‘Community Benefit Society’ registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, the registered number is 20684R. We are also a registered provider of social housing with the Regulator of Social Housing, our RP number is L0061.
Our registered address is:
GM Community Led Home, C/O Irwell Valley Homes, The Soapworks, Colgate Lane, Salford, M5 3LZ.
Our contact details are:
Tel: 0161 610 4866
We collect and use personal data about individuals (‘data subjects’) which means we must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) as the ‘controller’.
What personal data do we collect?
The normal types of personal data we collect are:
- Contact details, including telephone, email or contact address
- Details we log if they are a visitor e.g. name, company and time of attendance
- Contact details of individuals from partner agencies
How do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data in a variety of ways such as through:
- Filling in forms provided by us
- Our website e.g. registering to use our customer portal
- Our social media accounts e.g. our Facebook page
- Our ongoing contact with the individuals themselves
- Our ongoing contact with partner agencies
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data for the purposes of providing advice and support to individuals and groups looking to develop community-led housing.
We do this so we can
- Provide advice and support
- Put you in touch with relevant agencies to access support
- Keep in touch with you and invite them to relevant events
- Carry out research and to provide information to help improve our services
What is our legal basis?
- Performance of a contract
- Legitimate interest
Will we share personal data?
All our data subject’s personal data will be kept secure and confidential. Our colleagues have restricted access to personal data on a “need to know” basis.
With your consent we may share personal data with:
- Local councils
- The Homes and Communities agency
- Community based organisations where there is a mutual benefit
- Partners who will help you to develop your community-led housing project
How long will we hold personal data?
You can ask us to stop processing your personal data at any time by contacting us:
Tel: 0161 610 4866
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary. We will review our contact information every year and safety delete any contacts no longer in use. We may contact you to review this with you.
How do we keep personal data safe?
The security of data subjects’ personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We operate a robust and thorough process for assessing, managing and protecting new and existing systems which ensures that they are up to date and secure against the ever-changing threat landscape.
Personal data is stored and managed within a variety of IT software systems which are maintained to achieve a high level of security and confidentiality. We hold information in IT systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes.
Our colleagues complete mandatory information security and data protection training at the start of their employment, and annually thereafter to reinforce responsibilities and requirements set out in our data protection and information security policies. Only colleagues and other authorised individuals who require access to personal data will be able to access it.
Please note that we use cloud computing service providers which may involve the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However we only use companies who have adequate safeguards in place e.g. they have signed up to the ‘Privacy Shield’ process.
If you leave a comment on our site you opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites click here.
What you need to know
You have rights under data protection laws – which include the right to:
- Receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Correct inaccurate personal data about you
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the organisation which enforces data protection laws) if you think we have not obeyed these laws https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/report-a-breach/
If you would like to discuss any matters relating to data protection please contact Irwell Valley Home’s Governance and Assurance Team.
Tel: 0300 561 1111 (this is included in any inclusive calls made from a mobile and low cost for all landlines)