HOUSING SERVICES OFFICER (HSO)
POSITION: Full time (35 hours per week)
SALARY: £31.000 per annum
LOCATION: Various sites in Greater Manchester
RESPONSIBLE TO: Hub Director
Community Led Housing projects are increasing in number in England and throughout the Greater Manchester region.
Greater Manchester Community Led Homes is a new organisation set up to support the development of new and existing decent and affordable homes across the region. Many schemes are either governed managed or owned by community organisations themselves. Community Led Housing (CLH) projects are led by local people who are taking action to provide homes that people need.
The Housing Services Officer (HSO) provides front line housing management services to housing co-operatives, and other forms of CLH projects managed by the Hub. The HSO is also responsible for working flexibly and servicing clients’ committees and ensuring that services are provided in accordance with management agreements between the client CLH projects and the Hub.
The post requires flexibility in job functions, and this outline is therefore not comprehensive and may be varied from time to time.
The HSO will:
- Be responsible for all housing management functions for designated clients including lettings, rent arrears control, void control, repairs and tenancy management.
- Implement agreed policies and procedures to ensure that the obligations of management agreements are fulfilled.
- Supervise estate or scheme-based staff such as caretakers and scheme managers
- Work closely with CLH Board Members and staff to maintain positive working relationships.
- Prepare reports for Management Committees, attend committee meetings and provide administrative support to clients.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of service improvement plans.
- Undertake project work as directed by the Hub Director
- Liaise with other teams and external agencies to ensure high standards of service.
- Adopt a caring, helpful and unbiased attitude towards all staff, tenants and members of the public and maintain an impeccable standard of honesty and integrity in all such dealings.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Hub’s customer care standards are achieved.
- Maintain a comprehensive and adequate level of knowledge of all relevant legislation, policy and good practice.
- This post frequently requires work outside normal office hours. The organisation operates a flexible working time policy and the HSO will work to this.
- Carry out any duties of a similar nature as instructed by the Hub Director
For information and to request a Job Pack email Rachel.Summerscales@gmclh.org